2. User Consent
All companies that you do business with choose whether and how they want to share your personal information. You control your personal information on the Service; federal law gives you the right to limit some, but not all, of that sharing. Federal law also requires companies to tell you how they collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
4. Types of Information Collected by Us
Personally Identifying Information: We collect some of your personally identifying information (“Personally Identifying Information”) in connection with the Service, depending on how you use the Service. Personally Identifying Information is information about you that can be used to contact or identify you. The Personally Identifying Information collected in accordance with the Service may vary depending on your activity and may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your social network (for example, Facebook) or third party service user identification number;
- The user ID number and other public data of your friends;
- Your mobile device’s unique identifier (UDID);
- Transaction identifiers for purchases;
- Your email address;
- Your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- Your profile picture from a social network you authorize; or
- Any other relevant information included in your Account or social network profile.
Additionally, we may acquire information from you through:
- The contents of your customer support requests; or
- Your purchase of a virtual product of any type.
Please note that because a third party site manages the purchases of virtual goods offered by the Service, we do not have access to your credit card details or billing information.
Although you must provide certain Personally Identifying Information to us in order to create your Account, you do not have to provide all of your Personally Identifying Information to us. However, you may not be able to take advantage of all features of the Service if you do not provide us with the Personally Identifying Information requested from you.
Any and all Personally Identifying Information collected by us becomes part of our normal business records.
If you are unclear about what information a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Non-Personal Information. Non-personal information (“Non-Personal Information”) is information that, when taken alone, cannot be used to identify or contact you. We may collect Non-Personal Information about your use of our Service both in the course of game play and software usage. We may also invite you to share Non-Personal Information about yourself which may include, but is not limited to:
- Your age or date of birth;
- Your gender;
- Information about the hardware you may own;
- Your favorite websites, friend information, and fan pages; or
- Any other information included in your social network or other inline profile.
If Non-Personal Information is collected for an activity that also requires personal information, we may combine your non-personal information with your personal information in an attempt to provide you with a better user experience, to improve the value and quality of the Services and to analyze how our Services are used. The Service may also record game play information such as your game session duration or your high scores.
Web Tracking Information: Appslots and our third-party service providers may use web tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and clear GIFs, to collect data related to usage of the Service. Such data may include:
- The address of the websites you visited before and after you visited the Service;
- Your location;
- The type of browser you are using;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- What pages in the Service you visit and what links you clicked on.
- Your activity during your access of the Services, including but not limited to your number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, the pages viewed and the order of viewed pages;
- Your transaction information, including but not limited to, the amount, date, and location of the transaction, the amount of credit earned and redeemed, and the identity and amount of items purchased;
- The date and time of your access of the Services;
- Any referring and/or exit pages and URLs;
- Any cookies that are unique to your browser; and
- Any elements necessary for the functioning of our mobile device application
- The type of device you are using;
- Your operating system version;
- Your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
In order to collect Web Tracking Information and to make your use of the Service more efficient, we may store cookies on your computer and mobile device. Appslots and third party contractors engaged to provide services on behalf of us ("Contractors") may also use web tracking technologies that are placed in web pages on the Service or in email communications to collect information about actions that users take when they interact with the Service or such email communications. Web Tracking Information is not correlated by us to individual users, and thus, cannot be used to contact or identify you. However, some Web Tracking Information may include data, such as IP address data, that is unique to you. You may be able to modify your browser settings to alter which web tracking technologies are permitted when you use the Service, but this may affect the performance of the Service.
Some games or parts of our Services may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may be asked to give us some or all of the following information:
- your age or birthday;
- your first and last names;
- your e-mail address;
- a password;
- other information that helps us make sure it’s you accessing your account or helps us improve our services (such as answers to an online survey or a feedback form).
We may also let you create a player profile, separate from your social networking site profile (for example, your Facebook profile), that other Appslots players can see. Your player profile may include information such as:
- a profile photo;
- game username(s);
- your gender;
- biographic details (such as your age or age range);
- approximate location information that you provide;
- links to your profiles on various social network; and
- details about the games you play;
5. Accuracy of Collected Information
6. Updates to the Collected Information
Upon accessing the Services, you will be provided access to your Personally Identifying Information, along with an opportunity to alter or delete the information upon your request. Deletion of your Personally Identifying Information is limited by what we are required to retain by law or for our legitimate business purposes. We provide access to and alteration of your Personally Identifying Information free of charge, so long as doing so does not require an unreasonable effort.
Prior to altering your Personally Identifying Information, you will be required to identify yourself, and we may decline to process requests to alter the Personally Identifying Information where you cannot be identified or if such requests are unreasonable, require disproportionate technical effort, endanger the privacy of others, or would be impractical.
7. Our Use of the Collected Information
We use your information to fulfill your specific requests, purchase orders and to send you purchase confirmation and other account-related information. In addition, the Personally Identifying Information you provide will allow us to send you messages regarding, among other things, new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests and events of interest.
The main use of the information we collect, and store is to provide a better gaming experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
- to create your game accounts and allow you to play our games;
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
- to identify and suggest connections with other Appslots players and personalize our Services to you;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- to protect Appslots’ rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to Appslots, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments from friends, let you know about in-game status and promotions as well as tell you about gift and neighbor requests. Some messages, such as invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) ("Promotional Communications") directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages.
You may also opt out of certain of these communications by sending an email to: appslots(dot)customer(dot)service(at)gmail(dot)com.
We may also use your Personally Identifying Information, Non-Personal Information, and Web Tracking Information, both individually and combined together, to better understand the behavior and preferences of our customers, to troubleshoot technical problems, to serve static and dynamic advertising, to enforce our Terms of Service, to ensure proper functioning of our products and services, and to help improve Services and their content. In addition, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personally Identifying Information, such as an email address, to administer or tailor our offerings or game play experience to you.
If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs. Your participation in tournaments or other online game events is conditional upon you granting us permission to collect, use, store, transmit and display public statistical data, such as your scores, rankings and achievements, generated through your participation.
In all cases of data access and collection, the information you provide will not be disclosed, rented, loaned, leased, sold, or otherwise voluntarily distributed to unaffiliated third parties and will be used solely for the purpose of providing you with and improving the Service and for any other purpose stated herein. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information contact us at the email address provided in the Contact Us section below. Note that there may be instances where we are legally required to retain your information.
8. Access through Social Network Services or Mobile Devices
We may also collect or receive information about you from other Service users who choose to upload their email contacts. This information will be stored by us and used primarily to help you and your friends connect.
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other players. In most Appslots games, if you play through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook Connect), your social network friends may see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your game activity. Similarly, in many Appslots games, other players, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, may be able to see descriptions of your game activity (including the identification of any Appslots games you have played), communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your name or a “game name” and your profile photo.
9. Third Party Service Providers
We may employ Contractors to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform tasks (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services) or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used.
From time to time, we employ Contractors to collect Personally Identifying Information on our behalf to provide email delivery, product, prize or promotional fulfillment, contest administration, credit card processing or other services through the Service. When requesting these services, you may be asked to supply your name or email address to our Contractors.
10. Browser Use
Note that in the ordinary course of internet activity, certain information may be sent from your browser to third parties such as advertising networks and analytics companies. We have no control over the information sent from your browser to those networks or other third parties and recommend that you ensure that your browser settings prevent the disclosure of information you would not like to share.
11. Disclosure of Your Personally Identifying Information
You understand and agree that we may be required to disclose any Personally Identifying Information if required to do so by law or in the belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to avoid liability, to comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, a subpoena, statute, search warrant, or court order, or to protect the property and rights of Appslots, our customer and users, or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable. Note that we are not required to question or contest the validity of any search warrant, subpoena or other similar governmental request that we may receive.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the terms and conditions of the Service or to protect our operations or users. Additionally, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personally Identifying Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
12. Cookie/Tracking Technology
Like many websites, we may use "cookies" to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk or your mobile device for record-keeping purposes. The Service may send cookies to a computer or a mobile device when a user accesses or views a Service. Information contained in a cookie may be linked to Personally Identifying Information for purposes such as improving the quality of our Service, tailoring recommendations to interests, and making the Service easier to use. Third party advertisers on the Service may also place or read cookies on your browser. Cookies can be disabled at any time by changing your web browser’s options to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions or functionalities of a Service.
13. How to Manage Your Information
If you would like your Personally Identifying Information permanently removed from our database please contact us at appslots(dot)customer(dot)service(at)gmail(dot)com. Within a commercially reasonable time, we will disable your Account and you will no longer receive emails from us. Your removal from the mailing list or database will not remove records of past transactions or delete information stored in our data backups and archives, as required by law. Data on past transactions and data stored in backups and archives will be deleted in the normal course of our business. You may elect to remove your Personally Identifying Information and cancel your Account at any time after registering for the Service.
If you want to review, delete, or change the information Appslots has about you, have additional questions or for exercising your GDPR rights, contact us at appslots(dot)customer(dot)service(at)gmail(dot)com, and we will respond to your request within thirty business days.
You, as Appslots user, have the right to:
- Review your personal data
- Correct errors in your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Erase your personal data
You can erase your personal data any time. Please be advised that by deleting your personal data, all game progress, and Coins and other Virtual Items paid for and/or earned across ALL Appslots games will be terminated.
Appslots may share information internally within our company or with third parties for purposes described in this policy. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may, for example, be transferred to countries outside of the EEA for the purposes as described in this policy. We utilize standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law, and obtain your consent to legitimize data transfers from the EEA to the United States and other countries.
We contractually commit under our current data processing agreements to maintain a mechanism that facilitates transfers of personal data outside of the EU as required by the GDPR.
14. How to Manage Your Means of Communication
If you want to stop receiving promotional e-mails from Appslots, click on the "unsubscribe" link in any promotional email from Appslots. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than thirty business days.
If you want to stop receiving Facebook or other social network messages through our social network game pages, you may click on the “settings” icon on the top of such message, and by clicking “manage messages” you may turn off all messages from such game.
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
15. Third-Party Apps and Software
During your use of the Service, you may be offered services, products and promotions provided by third parties.
We do not actively share personal information with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you;
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your game play.
The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience).
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Appslots or the social network through which you are playing Appslots’ games.
16. Policy Regarding Persons Under 21
Persons under the age of 21 may not use the Service at any time or in any manner. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifying Information from persons under the age of 21, and no part of the Service is directed at persons under the age of 21. If you are a person under the age of 21, you may not use the Service. If we learn that Personally Identifying Information of a person under the age of 21 has been collected, or that a person under the age of 21 has created an Account, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information and cancel the Account. To make such a request, please contact us at appslots(dot)customer(dot)service(at)gmail(dot)com.
19. Contact Us